So this week Mama Kat has has asked us to share 5 random facts about me and my family.
1. The summer after I graduated from college I worked at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo and drove the train for the majority of the summer. After working my way through college, I just wanted a job that didn’t require a lot of thinking, and this one fit the bill. It was awesome, and I have wonderful memories of that time.
2. When I was a kid, I had an imaginary friend named Karate, and she had a cousin named Judo who sometimes joined us. I have no idea where I got the names. We had some fun times together.
3. My husband and I met on a blind date. A woman he worked with wanted to introduce us, but I put her off for quite a while because I had just reached a state of contentment with being single and I didn’t want to mess with that. Finally I told her “Look, as long as you don’t expect me to marry him, fine, I’ll meet him. He’ll hate me, I’ll hate him and we never have to see each other again!” Needless to say, it didn’t work out that way. 😉
4. My son is a hillbilly. He refuses to keep socks and shoes on. Barefoot is the way to go for him! He is also I climbing little monkey and always into mischief!
5. We have lived in the same house for all of our marriage. We wouldn’t mind moving to a slightly larger house, but that’s not in the cards right now. Two years ago friends from our church put a ramp on the front of our house for Erin’s wheelchair. We are very thankful for our church family!